Top 10 Benefits
A survey by Price Waterhouse Coopers in 2012 asked their clients how they had benefited from their life coaching experiences. Here are their Top 10 benefits:
- Increased self-confidence, self esteem – A study by Grant of the University of Sydney, NSW, Australia found that life coaching also enhances a person’s mental health. Combined, these three aspects create a strongly positive mindset – an important key to success.
- Better relationships – Life coaches help people gain clarity about their relationship “wants and needs” so they can build healthier relationships.
- Improved communication skills – Effective communication reduces misunderstandings and shortens the time it takes to make others understand what you need or want.
- Stronger interpersonal skills – From buying fruit to interviewing for a business loan, people skilled at interpersonal relations have the world as their resource.
- Enhanced work performance – Life coaching can contribute to a better and more satisfying work experience.
- Correct work/life balance – Very much an individual issue, it is often tricky arriving at the equilibrium that’s right for you.
- Greater wellness – Being well is more than taking medicine. Life coaches work with their clients to create “do-able”, comprehensive plans.
- Wider career opportunities – These include options that were too frightening, those “out of one’s reach”, and areas that were not even considered but now seem so obvious.
- Effective organization and time management – People feel they control their lives rather than their lives controlling them.
- Heightened team effectiveness - Life coaching is also about groups and teams. The same benefits that individuals can enjoy also apply to teams and groups.